The first "Pick-Your-Own" for CSA members will be this Saturday, June 28 from 10 am to noon. The location of the Pick-Your-Own farm is: 397 Big Island Road, Florida, NY 10921. There is red barn with a green roof and doors and a small blue storage shed next to the barn.
Just a few things:
- Make sure you wear old shoes. (Once worn in the black dirt, they'll never be the same!)
- There are no bathroom facilities on the farm.
- Everyone should be careful where they walk to avoid falling in the irrigation ditches and groundhog holes (the weeds hide them well!)
- Call 845-216-1282 in case you get lost! (Although cell service is spotty on the farm).
If you can't make it this Saturday, we plan to have another day next weekend (we're waiting to check the weather forecast) and more during the season once other vegetables are ready.
So, grab your hats, buckle in your kids and take a ride to the Black Dirt Region!
Here's a few other things to enjoy while in the Warwick area:
- Quaker Creek Gourmet Meats & Products -- It's just around the corner from the farm and serves great lunches. Or pick up some freshly prepared chicken sausages for the grill! The sweet potato and German potato salads are excellent! It's our favorite restaurant in the area!
- The Eclectic Eye Antique Store in downtown Warwick (nearby are some really good restaurants: Fetch, Noble Pies, Yesterdays, LaPetite Cuisine and the Pioneer)
- Bellvale Farms Creamery Ice Cream -- It's worth the trip just for the view! And it's right next to an awesome part of the Appalachian Trail with a hawk watch.
- Lowland Farm Our grass-fed meat partner is open on Saturdays (the kids will enjoy seeing the farm animals).
- Pacem in Terris A trans-religious sanctuary. (Grange, a great farm-to-table restaurant that serves meat from Lowland Farm is close by)
Hope to see you Saturday!